In this somewhat less than exciting blog I will examine the adventures that I have in life, mostly in front of the televison, while eating dinner or in my perpetual quest to finish all of my dammed grading. I hate grading!!!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Should I stop working?

International schools are weird. You get jobs months before they begin and everyone thinks you are about to move somewhere even though you aren't leaving for almost a year. That happened to me recently when I got the job in Cairo. Now I just have to wait in Shanghai for nine months. It's great though, since you have no real worries, and can just relax. Oh course, you have to keep working but some teachers really do shut down in the last few months of the school year. I don't think I will be one of those teachers. I came to school 90 minutes early today to prepare for the four classes that I had to teach. Then I pulled a whole day of work. So should I just quit working and relax for nine months? I don't think I should. The kids would hate it, my colleagues would think I am a loser and I would probably go nuts waiting for something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home